Sunday, March 25, 2012

Recipe: Wild Duck

Hey Ducky,

here my experience how to cook duck from stretch. First: You need to know a hunter you is so kind to get you some wild ducks, legally shot in the right season.

Second step is to plug and gut the ducks.
Its for a modern human maybe not that easy to do so, my experience was its a messy and hard business, and you need to have a good stomach to do so.

Its rewarding however after that long preparation to have the bird finally on your plate.

I went with a really simple recipe, but i believe something went wrong, not that the duck was burned, ok on the picture below it looks pretty black, but that's from soy sauce i put on top.

My duck was way too dry, and I didn't like the sauce. Also, on a wild duck, there isn't much meat on it, so the below duck wasn't enough for 3, not even for 2 people.
I served it however with some vegs, so it turned out not to be a complete kitchen disaster.

I will however do make more research how to get a better result, and than publish the recipe here.
Still got 2 ducks in the freezer and will try soon different recipes and approaches, and will let you know what worked best for me.



If you have a suggestion please use the comment function.




No comments:

Post a Comment