Saturday, July 16, 2011

Our perfect Lamb Tajine.

Some people might have guessed it from my previous post, yes the next weeks will be a lot about Lamb on this blog. Beeing a beef person the past few years, I recently rediscovered on a visit to Rolfs Guesthouse in Bantry how lovely Lamb can taste.


Since i love to recook what I eat in restaurants and also like to make my own variations i bought plenty of lamb which i cook of now.



Lamb Fillet is something you wouldn't like to freeze. First its really the good part of the lamb, secondly it would take ages to defrost and all the phasers of the lamb meat would be broken. 

So off I went to get the Tajine I bought in Marrakesh and used that to cook the lamb slowly. Before putting the lamb into it, I took the fillet and fried it very hot on all sites very quickly, this way the juice is locked in.



After that I did add a spice mix which did contain Saffron, Curry, Pepper, Salt, Rosemary, and Honey. With a bit of olive Oil on the bottom and also water, i did roast the lamb in the tajine for 4 hours at 100degrees celius.
To go with the lamb i just chopped up a tomato and paprika to be mixed into couscous. I used some of the braising juices to prepare the couscous, this way i had it nice spicy.


Have a sharp knife ready to chop the lamb up,
its gorgeous with a glass of red wine.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment