Saturday, July 9, 2011

Building a BBQ

 Since my 19 Euro round BBQ i bought 3 years ago finally broke down, i had no other choice than to build a new BBQ. Of course i could go to the shop to, and buy one, a gas one....
Nope, i do not want a BBQ with Gas, thats not real BBQ feeling for me, i need the smell of wood and coal, but preferable wood only.

Since in the fields around my house enough wood is laying around for the whole summer, i needed to come up with a BBQ which is suited to be fired with wood.

Close to my house a huge mountain of unused stone is laying, and after asking the farmer i could start carrying over the stones.

They are massive, and I just made a improvised BBQ as seen on the
picture, to see if i had enough stones carried. The whole construction was so stable, so i couldn't resist and fired it up already.

Works, so while i dig up the grass behind, to build a platform for the BBQ, i will use the improvised construction.

I will let you know how i get on,
anybody out there with experience of building such things, i would be happy for some comments what to watch out for......

No comments:

Post a Comment