Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Recipe: Crème brûlée

It was my first time making Crème brûlée, so I was nervous, having a French wife i wanted to fulfil the expectations.

It turned out actually so good that to have to share my recipe, which I adjusted a bit from a original recipe I found online:



Ingredients for 6 portions:
400 ml Cream
200 ml milk
90 gram sugar
4 Egg yolks
1 pack Vanilla sugar (or use sugar and a vanilla stick)

brown sugar to make the caramel on top with a burner.

Basically you mix all together, but be careful not to get to much of bubbles or even a foam into the cream. I kept the cream overnight in the fridge, but its also okay if you let it rest only for a few hours.

Next step is to take a oven tray, and the ceramic to fill in the creme. Its Important that the containers for the cream are not too big, look at the size in my pictures, that was a perfect size one.



Fill the baking tray half way up with water so the containers are surrounded by it and give it in the preheated oven at 150 degree C for 45 minutes.

The cream should have settled. As a last step sprinkle the brown sugar over the creme and burn it so it builds a nice layer of caramel on top.

You can serve the creme still warm, or I actually prefer it once it has cooled off.

Its gorgeous !
Men out there, think about serving that to your Lady on new year or valentines day,
She will love you !

No comments:

Post a Comment