Sunday, December 18, 2011

How to make a Xmas crib

I am not exactly a great wood worker,
but was still in need of a little Xmas Crib in order to present the lovely figures i got last year from my in laws in a nice setting under the Xmas tree.

I remembered the salt dough prints I did with my baby last summer. So I thought Salt dough can be used also the make a little building (crib)
So how to make the dough, you can look that up in my earlier post , unfortuantly in this project my one year old couldn't help much.

I started with a case kind of like a pizza,
and added on to that.

On the picture on the left you see i made walls, and checked if they will be high enough for the figures i already had.

With toothpicks I brought some strengths into the structure.
From time to time i put the structure for 10 minutes in the 180C degree oven, to make it more stable, and than to add on and make the walls high enough.

I figured i had to make pillars in the corner to support the structure as well.





Painting the roof, here my one year old could help.


The wholes in the room have been there,
but i figured i leave them, so i can stick through them 2 lights from the xmas tree lights later.

This way it will hopefully look more romantic.




.
Thats the final result, considered that i only spend about 30 minutes to form the building, i am pretty proud of myself looking at it.


I am already planning add ons for next year, and since the matterial is flexible I also could do more artwork on it, with paining it, or add an wall brick stone effect, etc...

With 2 pins i actually fixed also 2 angels on the roof...

Well, anyway, thats a easy way to make a little crib, with 100%  biodegradable ingredients.

Enjoy the Xmas time !

No comments:

Post a Comment