Thursday, December 22, 2011

How to make Pickled Eggs ?


I categorized this recipe with cooking disaster, and I will explain later why...

But first let me start to explain, why i had the idea to make pickled eggs in the first place ?

You might remember my article of my chicken Heidi high preforming, and she is still together with the other chickens producing a lot of eggs every day.



So I was looking into it, how to conserve some eggs I wont use straight away, and add value to the product egg.
On a visit to London i heard about pickled eggs, so I had to try this.

On the above "pickture" you see what is needed:
4 eggs
100 ml vinegar
200 ml water
1 teaspoon English mustard
a bit of salt
a bit of sugar
1 onion

Boil the eggs hard, put them into a conserving glass, mix the other ingredients well and add them to the glass. There should be no air remaining in the glass

This way you can keep it for up to 2 month, you should anyway see or smell in case the egg goes bad.

I tasted it myself after 5 days, and here comes my point why I declared it as a cooking disaster. The egg was very much tasting like vinegar and mustard. I hated it and barley could eat that one egg.
Anyway, to be completely sure what I have done, I have asked on Face book for a English men to taste my pickled eggs. I shortly found one so I passed by Grahams Shop  to bring him the remaining three... He loved it...

Well, all ladies out there, if you want to make a English man happy,
you know now what to do !

So, will complete now the remaining Xmas Shopping !













No comments:

Post a Comment