Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer flair in Austria





I was recently in Kufstein in Tyrol, its famous for its winter tourism but also in the summer this place has lots to offer. I checked in at the Andreas Hofer Hotel, just next to the Castle of Kufstein.

In the evening I strolled down the old city in which in a little street the outside of the restaurant “Auracher Loechl” catched my eyes.
The place is the birthplace of the famous Kufstein Song, and has a tradition of serving food for 365 days a year since 600 years !

It is a kind of traditional “Gasthaus” ( guest house ) and a wine serving pub with restaurant. To show my wife the diversity of Austrian dishes I ordered one of their specialities they call the “Austrian Tapas”.

The tapas are a collection of Austrians most famous dishes: Wiener Schnitzel, Beef Stroganof, Tiroler Knoedel, Erdaepfel Groestl and Kasnocken.

It would take to long to explain all this dishes, best is you go and try it yourself, there is for sure something you like !


Compared to Ireland it is much cheaper to go out and dine in Austria. Together with a glass of wine and a pint of beer we paid less than 60 Euro for all that delicious foods. Believe me, its not just because I am from there that I loved it so much, my French wife can confirm that she enjoyed It very much.

With this offer I have no doubt that the “Auracher Loechl” will be serving another 600 Years delicious food to their guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment