Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Heidis Chicks - Watch them hatching - live


Dont ask, but hatching eggs is really something hard, if you dont want to spend lots of money for an incubator. I build my own in the utility room sink, however, some things went wrong, eggs went bad or got smashed.
Well, its one or two more days, than the remaining 2 ones should hatch. you can see them live at http://ustre.am/vNJ3 
I candled them 3 days ago and they looked good to me, but they might be as well just hard boiled, who knows, wouldn't be the first time I mess something up.
Well, in any case, since Heidi and her Gang right now only lay 2 eggs a day, which is not enough to supply enough eggs for my family (yes we love cakes) we will get 3 more hens at point of lay from the market.

I keep you posted how it goes, hey, and if you see some movement on the link, please make a comment on this post, so I can tell my daughter to watch them hatching. Thanks !

No comments:

Post a Comment