Saturday, June 30, 2012

Review: Ritzenhof Saalfelden / Austria


While on holiday recently in Austria I also visited my old home town Saalfelden which I left 7 years ago. Many things changed but thanks God many also stayed the same.
Like every time being in good old Austria I passed by the Restaurant Ritzensee.

I love this place for their good food, but also the view on the Ritzen lake is stunning.

When I don't go for local sourced fish or meat I always have a bit of a space for their desserts.

The Austrian Cuisine is famous for its desserts so I couldn't resist to have one piece of the famous Sacher Cake with Cream. My wife opted for a lighter version and had a Strawberry Cream assortment with fresh fruit.

Its amazing what value you get for your money, look at that piece of cake, Jesus, and the chocolate on top, it was just like a dream.

Close to the Restaurant lives a lovely Family offering traditional or modern style B&B at the Pension Kroell and Alte Schmiede. In the summer you can avail of the Summer Alpin Card which provides you with many free entries to local attractions, a taxi ride, and much more. We used that card so much and with all that savings we actually saved so much, worth 2 nights staying at the B&B.

Looking back, I miss Austria, but my current home Ireland got lots to offer as well.
About all the good food Ireland got to offer I will tell you more over the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment