Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cooking Disaster: making mustard

While on Holidays I had time to recall a few incidents in the kitchen recently and I found some pictures I took about it. 4 weeks ago I   thought I have to be fancy to prepare my own mustard.I went to get some seeds from a local store, for 4 Euro !!!

Then the grinding, I spent at least 20 minutes on it to get the seeds to a fine powder.



I added the other ingredients such as vinegar, sugar, and salt and filled the"mustard" into a jar and stored it in the fridge.

After a few days I checked the result, doesn't look as attractive than the mustard from the shop, I guess I have no artificial colours in. Also it doesn't taste as good, and overall, I spent more money on it than from the store, and I feel I wasted my time...

That's why this blogpost gets the category, cooking disaster !

No comments:

Post a Comment