Monday, August 8, 2011

Baking Bread the easy way

To bake your own bread can be sometimes a hassle.
But it shouldnt really be.
right now i work on a plan how I can heat my house most efficient in the winter and at times before I actually start heating with Oil/Wood.

I noticed that when I bake something in the oven, a lot of heat is wasted, but actually it heats the kitchen and the living room to a cosy temperature.


So I figured, baking bread can heat my house and gives it a great smell at the same time.

A good loaf of bread costs you around 2-3 Euro,
a ready mix from Lidl costs 1-2 Euro, and you get 2 loafs of bread out of it.

To make your own bread, you need less than 10 minutes.
Just follow the instructions on the package; In my case 500 gramm mix with 350ml water, mix it 5 minutes, leave it rest for 30 minutes, put it into a form, leave it rest at a warm place again for 45 Minutes. Bake it at 200 C for 60 minutes in a oven. Finnish !

I added a bit of water in the oven, so the outsidce of the bread gets a bit more mois and softer. Serve it like in the restaurant with some Olive Oil and butter. Yummi !

No comments:

Post a Comment