Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Some thoughts

A bit off topic from my blog, but you might know in my dayjob I am a Key Account Manager and I noted down what I expect and think about Customer Service.


What is great Customer Service ?

In opinion good customer service is like a good homemade and healthy soup.

If you go to a professional, a restaurant in my example, you wouldn't like to be served a instant soup,made quickly, with no love ?

Thats the same if you call somewhere, or send an email with a problem, seeking for proper customer service and help.. You wouldn't like to get a canned response, an instant answer, fast food.

It takes time, and special ingredients to serve the right product. You need to source your ingredients carefully, prepare them,get  them into the right shape to face the customer.
You need to use proper tools, and add the right spices to get the best results.

Like composing a tasty home made soup, it's also a composition how your company is preparing and presenting its customer service team. Do you want to use an “Instant” product, an outsourced team with canned responses ?
Or does your organisation decide to grow the ingredients themselves, hire great individuals, train them, and prepare them so that the clients are happy to be in touch with the finished product.

Individual Service, the feeling to be looked after, the experience to be served something, made with love.

I am happy that my clients get served the homemade soup, and they love it !

No comments:

Post a Comment