Thursday, May 3, 2012

Recipe: Chicken Maryland

So, must of the stress is over and here I am back with more recipes, and soon more about the garden and DIY !

Days can be busy, so I sometimes lookout for simple dishes, ready in less than 20 minutes.

Chicken Maryland is such a dish,
all you need is:
chicken Breast or leg
egg
flour
breadcrumbs
spices

Whisk the egg and milk together.
Mix the Cajun spice into the white breadcrumbs.
Dip the chicken into the plain flour, which you have seasoned with salt and pepper.
Shake off any excess flour and immerse it fully in the egg wash mixture.
Drain off the excess and then fully coat the chicken in the Cajun breadcrumb mixture.

Thats about it, finally fry the chicken in a pan until golden brown.
I usually keep it warm in the oven at 140 degrees until my vegetables etc are ready to serve too.

Its a great quick dish, I usually make a few pieces more to have lunch for the next day at work.
Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment