Monday, October 14, 2013

Octoberfest - A review from a new munich inhabitant



That's a 16-day festival celebrating mainly beer, music and what not.
It was my first festival again this year after a 10 year break and I have to say, it was better than I expected. I had no issue to get into tents, I almost quickly found a place to sit in the tents, and I had good company for the evenings.

The local munich people are really nice folk,
I look forward again to go next year once or twice again to this famous festival.

Here my personal Wiesn tips:
  • If you want to go in a bigger group, Idsay more than 4 people, reserve now !
  • Best chances to get into tents without reservation is to be there early, before 4 pm and also dont expect to find a free place for more than 2 people.
  • If the weather is okay, its a good alternative to sit outside the tents, its less loud and smokers in your party are pleased.
If you like to have Wiesn Athmosphere around the year, why dont you visit the HB (hofbräuhaus)
its less crowded, prices are bit cheaper, and if you arrive arround 9pm you can enjoy a good dinner, and a nice crowed to party with.




No comments:

Post a Comment