Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review: US Special - Atlantas Fat Matt's Rib Shack


Checkout my Post for the West Cork Times

Summer time is travel time, so here some inside tips from me, where you get great food while on the road. I recently had the pleasure to be in the US for work, and where there is business, there is time for pleasure, at least a bit.

In Atlanta my friend Marco recommended a special place where they have the best Ribs and Chicken on the East Coast.
Fat Matt's Rib Shack.

The queue at the entry on a Saturday afternoon shows that there is something special inside. Blues Music accompanies by Spare ribs in a secret sauce with chicken, that's the main "fast" food which is served here. It was worth the 20 minutes waiting until we could place the order. Not just locals, also tourist find their way to this food outlet which is famous in the area for their great Ribs.

 The staff is very friendly, and the ribs are to die for, especially if you feel like dying yourself since the last Friday night was too long and you had one too much.

I quickly recovered after the first bite into the ribs. My friend wanted me also to try their rum beans, but we forgot to order them. No problem, the lovely lady cleaning the tables outside got us a bowl, on the house.
Rum beans, it is a unusual but good taste to combine those two flavours.

More than 200 reviews on TripAdvisor rating this place #19 of 1742 restaurants in Atlanta cant be wrong.
Checkout their website for directions and the Music program,
I definitely will be back there on my next trip, than i will attempt to eat a full rack of ribs, they taste just heavenly...


No comments:

Post a Comment