Friday, April 26, 2013

Market Review: the tendest spare ribs


Friday is Market day in Clonakilty and I love nothing more when the weather is dry to go to the market before I start work.
Its my weekly ritual and my weekend just isn't the same if I hadn't a chance to go to get some fresh produce from the area.
Fish, Vegetables, a Smoothie, so many things on offer and the life music that cheers me up and i like the flair, which reminds me on being on holiday somewhere South of Europe.

A important stop for me is at Piers stand, the Asian Junction. Piers lived for many years in South East Asia and brought back all kinds of flavors from his travels. My favorite are his Asian Style Spare ribs and the Dim Sum. One day a week I do not prepare my lunch for work, I get it fresh from the market, mostly from the Asian Junction Stand.
Its a well invested 5 Euros, and if you happen to come at the wrong time you might have to queue up since many people go for his curries around lunch time.
But its a good kind of queuing and usually you don't wait longer than 5 minutes, having a chat with fellow foodies, or learn about the cooking techniques Piers likes to share with his clients.

Its my highlight of the week you should make it yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment