Friday, May 17, 2013

DIY, no its not a cage...


It might look like a cage, but it isn't. That's my new kitchen table, since i decided to place the other table in the living/dining room. initially i wanted a bar style table in the kitchen, just for a quick coffee/breakfast kind of use on it.

Looking around second hand stores it became clear that i would have to spend at least 200 Euro for a table with bar stools.
One night, I have to admit after a glass of whiskey staring at the park full with Sophies toys standing in the corner in the living room, taking a lot of space I had the idea.

For 12 Euro, I bought a piece of wood, on which i screwed two smaller pieces on the bottom to fit exactly in the park, so the top couldn't move anymore. After a bit of sanding and vanishing my masterpiece was ready.

Little Baby is yet to small for the park, and Sophie is to big, but she can still store her books and toys underneath, and easily access them through the bars. Also its easy to lift up the top to access anything bigger.

I know, at first sight it looks a bit wired, but i like the multifunctional thought behind it, and I am happy to have extra space when I am mad baking in the kitchen, Sophie can sit down at the table and help Daddy to form the bread rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment